G Algonquin Trips and Other Things: So I talked with Jim today Algonquin canoe and portage trips

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

So I talked with Jim today

and our trip is off for this year. He's training for his tri up in Orillia and he's gunning for 1st in his group. He was able to get 3rd for his first tri so now he's stepping it up and the trip would interfere with his training schedule. It also makes things easier for me since I've burned up extra vacation days with some stuff I'm doing and I only have (I think) 2 days left for the rest of the year. I'm disappointed but at the same time I'm very supportive of Jim and his goal for the Orillia Tri.

I also talked to Jim about the post I did the other day and I feel better about things. I guess I'm struggling to get organized to a point where I am able to fit everything in that I want to, which includes hanging out with Jim more. I've resolved today to get my sh!t together and stop wasting time. I think I got into a bit a funk with my ankle injury and I let that get the better of me. I'm feeling better and will be going to the gym to try and run on the treadmill. I figured that was a good place to test the ankle out since there would be less impact running on the treadmill deck versus the road.

Along the "getting together with Jim" lines, we're going to get together this Saturday to watch a few fights. I haven't watched a fight in a while and this Saturday is supposed to a great lineup.

In light of the fact that Jim and I are not doing our trip I am thinking I should plan a trip with my boys for the August long weekend if I can get in anywhere. I would like to do a similar trip to the one Jim did with his daughter but I don't know that I can put that together at this last minute (getting a reservation, planning, etc). I'll have to talk to Jim and pick his brain for information. It's great having a friend like Jim with the knowledge he's accumulated about Algonquin... it's almost like have a personal Algonquin Park Ranger! LOL! It's kinda funny when you think that I sort of introduced Jim to north Algonquin and now he knows more about it than I do!

Well, I talked to Jim for a while today and I've been doing some reading online so I had better get a few things accomplished from my to do list here at work so that I don't go home feeling guilty.

Have a great day everyone!

g.

0 comments: