G Algonquin Trips and Other Things: I gotta get more into this... Algonquin canoe and portage trips

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

I gotta get more into this...

I've got to get more into this whole blog thing. I find the idea of it somewhat therapeutic, whether it is in reality or not I've yet to find out.

I'm finding myself a little distracted with slightly more deeper thoughts that usual; "Am I too caught up in the fast pace of life?", "Are the kids getting a quality education at school?", "Am I getting more and more shallow as I race through life?"... Man alive, am I having a mid-life crisis prematurely? Ha! Ha!

Speaking of shallow, I really like the idea of having a home theatre. I've got a line on a big-screen TV but I'm wrestling with the guilt of spending the money on it, no matter how good a deal it is. My buddy Jim and I are always struggling with this type of thing. We feel like we're putting ourselves ahead of our family but then I think, hey, I work hard and there's nothing wrong with enjoying the fruits of my labour, is there?

Anyway, I've got lots of "labouring" to do so I'd better get to it.

Now, that wasn't too bad and it may have helped to get some of the things out of my head so I can get on with work.

0 comments: