G Algonquin Trips and Other Things: Old habits die hard... Algonquin canoe and portage trips

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Old habits die hard...

I've slipped back into my old habit of trying to keep all my "to do's" in my head. Why do I think that I can do that? With all the various "roles" I have, all with their own lists, something's bound to fall to the side and get left behind.

My boss reminded me of something I was supposed to do at the beginning of this week and it had slipped my mind. I dropped everything and did it but I'm kicking myself while I realise that if I had dropped everything Monday morning when he gave it to me, I wouldn't be in this situation.

I'm going to go back to what I learned on a Covey time management course and make a to do list, prioritize it, update it as I go along and carry it over from one day to the next.

Other thoughts:

  • I've gotta get together with my buddy Jim. I need to start talking Algonquin with him and get back to planning that trip. I'm really looking forward to the challenge of a true portage trip. No more "car camping without the car" in the Algonquin interior. (see Jim's post from Feb 19 "So that's why?")
  • I need to get back to my morning routine of hittin' the gym before work. My uniform is going to feel tight this weekend and let's face it, I know I feel better when I go. I've finally got my eating back to normal from "vacation mode". It was a GREAT vacation though, that's for sure.
  • I've got to get back to work.

0 comments: