G Algonquin Trips and Other Things: hydration pack... Algonquin canoe and portage trips

Monday, May 01, 2006

hydration pack...

Here's the one I was lookin at. $12 seems reasonable although, that's prolly for the 1.5L version. Still, it's $9 for the 1L nalgene... decisions, decisions, eh?

Here's one that looks like it may connect to the water filter directly to make fill-ups easier.

...

Dammit! I just found a nalgene bottle for $10.50 that's 1.4L. I didn't see that one on our visit to MEC earlier this year. Great, another possibility to consider... who am I kiddin'? I like doing this kind of comparision decision making schtuff.

4 comments:

Jim said...

I never gave any serious thought to usuing a bladder until now. I could see the upside for one of us to have one.

I like to guzzle water and I think the "sipply straw" would be frustrating, but I am open to trying it...

Suds said...

The draw for me is the 3L fill-up and having it at the ready instead of stopping to pull the bottle out. I think further research is called for! (read: a visit to MEC) :-)

Jim said...

I am all over going for another trip to MEC to check it out, but I untill I see one, I am still favoring the Nalgene bottles buddy

gewilli said...

definately go the hydration pack...

if its good enough for the US Navy Seals then maybe it works for your flabby-ness ;)

For the Mt Bike it totally rocks... you stay WAY better hydrated with it than using a bottle... the body is better able to absorb smaller sips taken frequently than one big giant gulp at a time...

for endurance and health stuff - go with the hydration pack... those Nalgene's would be nice to store stuff but then... hmmm an extra bladder is easier to pack and position the weight so it has the least impact... a big rigid bottle is STUPID (and too GD trendy... freaking all the kids have em here)