G Algonquin Trips and Other Things: 6.4km... Algonquin canoe and portage trips

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

6.4km...

in 50 minutes. 8.3min/km or 12.5min/mile... not bad for starting out again. I'll need to do better for September. That pace would be almost 3 hours to do the half marathon.

A few observations... breathing was okay after I got into a rhythm... legs were good until the last 2km... they started to feel heavy... stride was good, a little small at times and the ankles held up okay, just a little hard in the last 2km as well... tried to keep the form good... biggest thing that contributed to fatigue in the legs and ankles was not paying attention to how my feet were striking the ground - i.e. when I hit harder, the effects were felt fairly immediately but when I made sure I was striking heel first and rolling through the step, everything felt better.

Marie had a good weekend overall. She's going it alone this morning and her mom is coming in for the afternoon/evening until I get home. That meant that I was later leaving since I had to get the boys out and get our youngest "set up" for the morning (food, drink, etc). I hope it goes well today 'cause I think it'll go a long way for Marie psychologically. She's going crazy "just sittin' around" as she put it. I told that she wasn't just sittin' around, she was resting and getting better but that's easy for me to say, right? She's such an active person normally so I know it's driving her nuts. (more so that I normally do...lol) I have to admit that it's been hard at times... I'm wiped out and busy taking care of keeping things running all the while needing to be Marie's cheerleader and keep her spirits up... I've felt like I'm running on empty a lot.

I just got a call from another neurologist that we wanted to see to get a second opinion on a few things. This guy specializes in epilepsy and we're hoping that he can give us some feedback/advice/recommendations on things like the drug and dosage, the pregnancy (any special things we should be doing, etc).

Anyway, I gotta get some more work done here (and my chat with Jim keeps taking me away from this) so, have a good one!

g.

2 comments:

Jim said...

..and you were giving me the gears about not posting in a while...geesh!!

Eileen O'Connell said...

I will admit that I was actually worse on my blog if it makes you feel any better....my last post before today was May 15th! Yikes! How and why does life get so busy all of a sudden?