G Algonquin Trips and Other Things: A new 'puter... Algonquin canoe and portage trips

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

A new 'puter...

I finally got tired of dealing with the grief that my laptop was giving me and I bought a desktop. Pretty nice one too... Gateway GT5012 Intel Pentium D 820 2.8GHz (Dual-Core), 1GB DDR2, 250GB SATA HDD, DVDĂ‚±RW Dual-Layer, CD-ROM, Flash Media Reader, Windows XP Media Center 2005.

It's a refurb unit but the price was right...actually a little more than I wanted to pay but only by about $130 and that $130 took me into the current technology so I should be good for a long time. We'll use it as a business expense for Marie's business (which is on hold but it will get going again I'm sure).

Since I mentioned Marie... we went for the first of two ultrasounds last week. It was great! The baby was quite active when I saw it. It moved it's legs and kinda flipped it's feet and moved it's fingers... almost like it was waving "Hi Dad!"... awsome! I'm really looking forward to this baby being born. As most people close to me know, I'd love to have a daughter but I think we may be statistically speaking in for another boy... that's a little scary eh... 4 boys. Marie will need to have weekly visits to a spa to be pampered and do girly things in order to survive life in a testosterone engulfed home! lol!

Well, I'm off a little early today since I have Merry Maid coming by the house to get a quote. I decided that I've reached my limits (actually went past them last week and had a meltdown... wow what a weird experience) and need help. I figure that maybe I'll have someone come in once a week to help with some of the housework for the next month and see how Marie is coping then and maybe cancel the service if she's feeling better. I just don't have enough hours in the day to get everything done especially since work is so busy lately and I can't let that slip since I kinda need the job...

See ya and have a great evening everyone!

g.

0 comments: