G Algonquin Trips and Other Things: facebook.com Algonquin canoe and portage trips

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

facebook.com

So a group of people were talking about a website that they were looking at and telling each other to join. They were laughing and saying how neat it was.

I asked, "what site is that?"

They told me, "Go check it out and sign up. It's www.facebook.com"

So I went over to take a look. I decided to set up an account since it was free and started to do a few searches. I eventually started looking for people with hometowns listed that were near where I grew up... Tottenham, Alliston, Beeton, Loretto... and to my amazement I started to see names I recognized. I decided to be daring and send a few messages to the people I remembered to see if they remembered me. Every one of them responded saying how long it had been and that they did remember me! I started to learn that there are groups on the site and so I joined a few "networks" and "groups"... one for my elemtary school and highschool, one for Toronto, ON, one for TDIs, and they even have one for Algonquin Park!

Cool.

Anyway, check it out. What I like is that it's free. Classmates charges for the same thing so obviously I like this one better! This interweb thing should be free anyhow.

Well, as usual, I gotta get back to work.

Have a great day everyone!

g.

oh yeah, it's good to be back... thanks for puttin' up with me! ;)

1 comments:

gewilli said...

next we'll see Suds with a myspace page and who knows what's next...

blog entries from the car back and forth to work...