G Algonquin Trips and Other Things: What a week! Algonquin canoe and portage trips

Friday, April 07, 2006

What a week!

Startin' the week off the way I did was bound to make the rest of the week drag on. Tryin' to catch up at work was kinda crazy too. Lots of work, some stuff with clear action plans, others I was/am stumbling my way through.

The commute seemed a little harder this week. You'd think that a guy who loves road trips wouldn't mind a long drive into work but it's two different things. I have to say that my SIRIUS Sportster Replay does help. I got that on my trip down south. I decided to get the U.S. subscription because of the line-up and the number of channels versus the Canadian line-up. I know, I know, CANCON is good in that it supports Canadian Talent but it can get a little frustrating. The whole Stern thing didn't even play in the decision. I mean, I have listened to him and I do find I'm drawn to it like all the rubber-necks that insist on crawling by the minor fender-bender on my drive in. C'mon people! The tow truck and police have it under control and it's in the opposite lanes to us so why are we stoppin' to gawk? I can understand if you're first on the scene and you want to try and help but now you just spectating!

Sorry, I'm back. That's just one of my peeves on the drive in.

Well, as my buddy Jim has blogged for all the world to know (and they *should* care), it's less than 4 months until we go off on our canoe trip! I'm really stoked about this trip. This is the trip I always wanted to do into Algonquin's interior. We're packing real light and doing a loop that Jim describes in his blog. I'm also lookin' forward to the photography opportunities. We took some really good pictures last year, I'd venture to say we took a few GREAT pics. I love the freedom of digital photography - snap away as many times as you want (or have room for on the memory card). You can always delete the ones you don't want later or just archive them all, good and bad, when you get back to the 'puter.

Well, break's over, I've gotta get a couple o' more things done before I leave for the weekend.

Have a great weekend everyone!

0 comments: