G Algonquin Trips and Other Things: It's gettin' hard to get up... Algonquin canoe and portage trips

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

It's gettin' hard to get up...

and get goin' in the morning now that it's dark when the alarm goes off. I used to love the winter and felt it couldn't get here fast enough but the older I get, the less I like the winter it seems. Maybe if I took up skiing again. I tried it a few years ago with my two oldest sons but they out grew the equipment I had so now it'll take a bit of cash to get them outfitted to try again. My oldest wants to try snowboarding and I'd really like to let him try it out. Perhaps we'll do a half day rental at Mt. Kirby this season. I imagine I'll look funny tryin' to make it down the baby hill on a snowboard. I dunno, I'll see.

Not much goin' on that's worth writing about. I did go running last week... not bad. I figure it's between 4 and 5 Km's. With all the weightloss I find it's a little easier than when I was carrying around the extra 50lbs. Marie bought me a running magizine that I found to be a good read. I'd really like to make up for not attaining my goal of running the half marathon with Jim this past September. I think I may shoot for a short run in the spring... maybe 5 or 8 K and see how that goes. If it goes well, I'll train and try to complete the half that Jim did this year.

Well, as usual, I should get back to work.

I'm hoping to get back to a more regular writing schedule in the coming weeks. After all, with the baby coming there'll be some good stuff to write about I'm sure. Hey, remind me next time to tell you about our recent vehicle purchase.

Have a good one,
g.

0 comments: