G Algonquin Trips and Other Things: Yesterday was an AWESOME day... Algonquin canoe and portage trips

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Yesterday was an AWESOME day...

Marie had a couple of appointments at St. Mike's and we couldn't get anyone to take care of my youngest or drive her down so they came into the city with me, I dropped Marie off at the hospital and then my son came to work with me. It cost me a half day vacation time to take them back home but it was worth it. It was great having D with me at my desk as I worked. He drew on my whitboard, played a little gameboy (we brought hi older brother's gameboy) and we went on a little tour of the office and visited the two admin assistants on my floor who of course spoiled him rotten with candy and trinkets. He left the office with a little flashlight and a three flexible frisbies for him and his brothers. I was on a conference call for a good part of the time we were there and it was so nice to look over at him and see him smiling back at me. I wish I could have him in a few times a month... hmmm, maybe I can do that... sommit to think about anyway.

On other topics... check out Geoff's post about diesels. It's at the bottom of the post about Beer Intervals and the part I'm referring to begins with "...another good read is over at CNN/Fortune..." and read the linked article from CNN/Fortune. I found it to be an good read and I'm quite excited about more diesels coming to North America. My dream vehicle (keep in mind I'm about to have my fourth child enter this world so functionality is the order of the day) is a minivan with a diesel engine. I think that all those people who drive minivans would have their eyes opened if they had a chance to drive one with a diesel in it. The tourque is just what you need when you're hauling around a van full of people. (mind you, there are a lot of single child families that "have to have" a minivan that could use a more fuel efficient car but that's a whole other discussion).

I'm still convinced that the way to go is more diesel vehicles on the roads with biodiesel available at every diesel pump in North America.

I gotta go for now so... have a good day!

g.

0 comments: