G Algonquin Trips and Other Things: Hotels are expensive Algonquin canoe and portage trips

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Hotels are expensive

For the first time ever the internet connection at the hotel was pay as you go! $9.95 for 24 hours! Needless to say, I didn't pay that since I had access to "work" stuff at the Boston office and I'm certain that the expense would be approved. At $199/night I expect that internet access is included but apparently the Westin chain of hotels doesn't share the same opinion. They also charge $25 for the first minute of a long distance call and $15 per minute after that... yeah, those are fair rates (rolleyes). The other issue I ran into while at our Boston office was that blogger is blocked by websense so I wasn't able to post from the office... what a sucky thing to have internet access restricted. I can't remember the last time I experienced that.

Boston was nice... I enjoyed morning walks along the harbour front with the sun coming up and the architecture is neat too... the really old buildings along side the newer office towers... I wish I could have spent more time touring around.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-
My work computer did a reboot after installing some patches yesterday so this never got published. I'll see what I can do about putting up some more later but in the event that the day gets hectic I wish everyone a great weekend now.

g.

2 comments:

Suki said...

$25 dollah?!?!?!?

I'd kill somebody.

of course I'm hormonal, aggressive and always ready to rumble...

but they would've had it coming.

Suds said...

LOL!

I was gonna do room service for breakfast but I would have blown my entire budget for the day on the one meal... $5 for a glass of orange juice!