G Algonquin Trips and Other Things: Travel update Algonquin canoe and portage trips

Monday, May 14, 2007

Travel update

So it seems it's more a cost issue and a difference in the prespective. The Corporate group that "owns" the application that I would go to Boston for thinks that we should find our way down to where the sessions are being held... my boss thinks they should pay for the vendor to do several sessions around the globe. I can see that perspective and it looks like if I do go I may end up with a mark against me if I try to get education dollars for a course later in the year. I don't think that's fair since this is a mandatory tool that I have to use in my job versus education that will broaden my knowledge. Oh well, what can ya do eh?

Maybe the problem is something else... now this is me gettin' all GeWilli introspective-like... perhaps my boss is not happy with my performance/contribution to the team. (he's never indicated that I'm a problem) I gotta think that if I were in his shoes and my employee came to me with this scenario I wouldn't have any issues with sending them unless they weren't contributing enough to the team. I dunno, maybe I'm just bein' too paranoid. Hmm, I should be more confident that this... damn, I need to get a grip. Arrrggg! I'm goin' back to work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds typical of a budget shortfall and that the higher ups are telling him to spend less. Particularly if he starts with “No, they should provide that session locally.” Then when pressed “uh…ok we don’t have the cash”. No one likes to admit they don’t have money right away. They try to justify why they shouldn’t have to spend first.

Anonymous said...

*the above signed by*
Sean