G Algonquin Trips and Other Things: It's always interesting to see what brings people here... Algonquin canoe and portage trips

Thursday, May 24, 2007

It's always interesting to see what brings people here...

with the sitemeter software you get to see what the referring URL is that brought someone here. I've had hits from all over the globe... India, Germany, England, all over the U.S. and now I've had a visitor from Turkey. Now, I couldn't help but wonder why someone would be visiting my blog all the way from Turkey so I took a look at the URL that brought them here. It turns out it was a search and there were keywords that obvious appeared in my blog that popped me into the list. What was the search you might be asking? Well, the person searched for "neighbour wife"

Well, I'm not going to rush to judgments but um, what kind of things would they be expecting to find with a search like that? Hmmm.

Moving on.

Suki had quite a scare the other day. I can't imagine how she must have felt waiting to hear back from her friend. Keep her and her friend in your thoughts and prayers please.

WARNING: Camping content ahead

I thought I'd give you a warning since I haven't talked about camping in sooo long... Jim set up his Hennessy hammock the other day and I tried it out... two words:

FREAKIN' AWESOME!

I'll never have an uncomfortable sleep again. It looks fairly easy to set up and man, it's a really neat design. I contacted Hennessy to see if they had any "seconds" or blemished product that would sell at a discount 'cause as much as I liked the product, I didn't think I could swing $200 (Cdn) for one. I wanted to get the model that would handle 300lbs so that I wasn't too close to the weight limit and there was potential for having my pack in with me to keep it dry. I'm not sure if I'll keep the pack in the hammock but the extra weight rating gives me some options. The unit they sold me has been used a couple of nights by a customer who wanted to get a lighter, smaller model. It has a little tree sap on it but I can live with that for the savings of $60.

This past weekend I took the boys out for a bike ride. I actually ended up going out three times; the first with all three (one in the trailer on my bike), the second with the two younger boys (no trailer) and the third trip with my middle son only. The third trip was by far the fastest paced one. I thoroughly enjoyed the day and it was great to spend time with the kids doing something fun. On the first trip we biked down the marina and grabbed a table on the patio out back and watched the boats coming and going. We talked about which ones we would want to have. I'm quite intrigued with the idea of sailing. I've never done it but I'd like to try someday.

GeWilli wants us all to smile. He has me worried that he's losing it... not because of the smile thing, but because he started to write about himself in the third person. Perhaps he's still high on the fact that the World Cup Cyclocross is opening in R.I. :)

Jim and I are going to look for iridium flares on our trip to Algonquin this year. I've never hear of them before but it makes sense that it'd be visible from earth if you were in an area with little to no light pollution.

We're also thinking of doing a video review of the hennessy hammock to put up on our website. We're going to site down and redesign the website too. It's not anything like we wanted to have but it's just a matter of setting the time aside to do it. Neither of us are web developers but there's lots out there to help us out.

I still don't have a replacement window buddy. It turns out the boxes I saw were my previous buddy's and she was still moving stuff out. I did see some guys in the condo painting so I may have a new buddy soon. I hope they're as um, interesting as my previous buddy was... specifically, I hope the buddy is a "her". :)

Well, I gotta get going. Lots to do here at work and the afternoon is quickly vapourising.

Have a great day everyone and help GeWilli out and smile at a stranger on the way home tonight!

g.

1 comments:

Suki said...

thanks for the thoughts, suds.

she's out of physical danger...and just facing the emotional stuff, now.

I don't know when she'll be out of the hospital...

but I can guarantee I'll be making an effort to spend more time with her.

I miss her, and I don't want to lose her.