G Algonquin Trips and Other Things: Two and a half plus hour commute Algonquin canoe and portage trips

Monday, July 23, 2007

Two and a half plus hour commute

That's how long it took for me to get into work this morning. It started out with a walk to the bus stop. Then a bus ride through all the towns between my house and the train station. Then a train ride into Toronto followed by a subway ride to Bloor/Yonge and finally a walk several blocks to work. I left my town at 5:10 and arrived at 7:45.


And they wonder why people insist on driving to work instead of taking public transit. I would kill someone if I had that commute to face everyday. I'd prolly just quit my job and work at the local Tim Horton's. My commute would be 3 minutes, I could walk, ride my bike, run... anything but take my car. That would only last for as long as it takes to default on my mortgage and for the bank to repossess the house though. I think I could make the uniform work, or perhaps I'm better as a giant coffee cup.. thoughts?



Jim has come through again with the lists for our trip. I'm tellin' ya, it awesome for someone like me to have a friend like him to keep me on track and organized. So far things are lookin' better than last year... gear list is lighter, food pack should be lighter... I'm thinkin' that we'll end up with packs that are in the neighourhood of 50lbs with my hydration pack filled. The menu is lookin' yummy too. This year we're takin' up wine again only this time Jim found tetra packs of wine in small sizes... something like 350ml (about the size of a can of pop).


Jim and I were also talkin' about where we'd hang the hammocks and we've taken a look at some of the pics that I took of the island. We may not get exactly where we imagined but we will find somewhere to hang them even if it is a little away from the main fire pit area. (we obviously wouldn't want to be too close to the fire pit) Jim learned a lot on his solo trip (even though it got cut short)... he's still workin' on the writeup but I promise you, it will be worth the read when he posts it.

Well, another day has come and gone. I'm gonna be leavin' shortly for my monumental trek home.

Have a great day everyone!

g.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

where do you buy / get the cup costume? I want one really bad!