G Algonquin Trips and Other Things: Another good source for office suites... Algonquin canoe and portage trips

Friday, September 14, 2007

Another good source for office suites...

Jim commented on my post about Zoho reminding me of another good source for office suite software:

Another alternative to office that is perfect for the average user...
www.openoffice.org


OpenOffice.org is a great alternative to MS offerings. It gives you apps that you can download to your hard drive. I've used it back when I was running a Linux machine at home. The thing I liked about Zoho was the fact it was on-line and available from any internet connected machine (and was free too).

Well, I'm going to my best man's wedding this weekend... a casual event at Balzac's Coffee. On Sunday I'm helping out at the local Terry Fox Run which should be good. I'm not sure what else is going on. If you have a moment, let me know what you're doin'... last time I asked, only Suki responded and she said she couldn't remember 'cause she was so fall-down drunk... KIDDING! She did say that alcohol WAS NOT involved but she still couldn't remember what she did.

(note: HA! HA! I googled "stumbling drunk" and a picture of Tara Reid came up! Now that there says something about yer reputation! Oh, and, no... I can't post the picture. ;) )

I do know that Jim is running in the Terry Fox Run and then walkin' in it with his family.

Anyway, the weather is supposed to be partly cloudy and the temps seasonal so it should be a good weekend to be out and about in the Greater Newcastle Area. I hope the weather is good in your area and I hope you get out and about too!

Have a GREAT weekend everyone!

g.

1 comments:

Jim said...

Yep...on Sunday I will be running the 10k then walk the family course with...well, my family!

Sunday afternoon we are going to the Toronto Maple Leafs "Blue and White" game. This will be the first time we have gone to a game as a family and the kids (...big and small) are all very excited!

Have a good one buddy!