G Algonquin Trips and Other Things: Good riddance MS Office licensing? Algonquin canoe and portage trips

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Good riddance MS Office licensing?


You have GOT to check ZOHO out! What's ZOHO you may ask... well here's what the FAQ says:

Zoho is a suite of web services offered by AdventNet. The different web services can be accessed with just a browser & an internet connection. The best part is you don't require to install any software on your computer.


I think this is really cool. Now, I haven't tested it extensively so I don't know what, if any, the shortcomings are. I will say that the idea of a free office suite is way cool. I've always struggled with the price Microsoft charges for their software and this seems to be a good replacement. I'm gonna try it out whenever I can and if I remember, I'll provide some feedback in the future. (I know, I'm not good at the follow up posts so I settin' the bar low here... :) )

Anyway, I stumbled on this when I was researching something over at TechRepublic and I had to share it with y'all.

If you try it out, let me know what you think.

g..

1 comments:

Jim said...

Another alternative to office that is perfect for the average user...

www.openoffice.org