G Algonquin Trips and Other Things: The kids LOVED camping... Algonquin canoe and portage trips

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The kids LOVED camping...

They had a great time! It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be with our youngest. I thought he might not last and want to go home and see Mommy but it turns out that he had an awesome time. Two nights was enough for him so it turned out to be the perfect amount of time. Patrick got to do some fishin', and all three boys spent some time at the beach palyin' in the water, diggin' in the sand and collecting neat little rocks in their buckets. I really enjoyed spendin' time with my boys and I can't seem to get enough family time lately. I know kids can drive us crazy at times but I'm really enjoying my kids lately and I really need to find a way to spend more time with them. Gotta think on that one for a bit and come up with a plan...

Hey, I went for a run on Friday morning and set a personal best distance - 10km! I couldn't believe it. Hey I wasn't lightnin' fast but my goal was to complete the circuit with no specific lapse time in mind. I wanted to go for a run this morning and two routes mapped out - 5km and 7.7km - but I just couldn't sleep last night and was awake until 3:30am. That kinda put a wrench in the plans for the day. I may go tonight for the short run but I'll hafta see how I'm feelin'. It's been a long time since I had trouble sleepin' like that but I've got a bunch of things on my mind and I just couldn't "turn it off" last night.

Well, I just got a pop-up reminder from my calendar here at work that I have a one-on-one with my director so I'd better prep for that.

Have a good day everyone!

g.

0 comments: