G Algonquin Trips and Other Things: Oops! I got a little ahead of myself yesterday... Algonquin canoe and portage trips

Friday, July 14, 2006

Oops! I got a little ahead of myself yesterday...

I'm down 32lbs not 37lbs. I'll be down 37 by next week though!

I ran 8km today and it took a little more out of me that I thought it would. I had an apple before I left (about 20 mins before) but I still felt the low blood sugar levels after I got ready for work. I had one of my protein bars after I was dressed for work and it seemed to help a little and I started to feel better in the car. Now I'm at work I'm feelin' a little better too. Jim warned me about being on lower carbs and workin' out but I guess so far I haven't had the effects that I had this morning... I mean it's nothing to0 bad but I want to make sure I keep things balanced. Also, last time I went running I had an applesauce beforehand and maybe that's broken down more and easily processed by the body as opposed to the apple I had this morning. Anyway, feelin' better as each hour goes by.

My parents were over yesterday and started helping me set up the new pool I bought from Wally World. They're comin' back today 'cause I didn't have an air pump that would fit the valve for the air ring (it's one of those soft sided pools. They used to be called "funny pools") I also decided to bite the bullet and pay for water to be delivered so we don't miss the heat wave that coming while the pool fills and then warms up. Wish I could be there to watch it get filled from the big truck... I'm just a kid at heart and still love watchin' trucks!

Well, another busy day today and I'm meeting my sister for a quick lunch today and I don't want to be here until 18:00 so I'll be off for today!

Have a GREAT weekend everyone and by the way, thanks for reading!

g.

0 comments: