G Algonquin Trips and Other Things: Well... errr... we *were* cookin'... Algonquin canoe and portage trips

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Well... errr... we *were* cookin'...

Well, the jerky turned out good and not so good. It smelled great and once you got past the fact that it was crunchy instead of chewy, it tasted good too. We inadvertently left it in a little too long and ended up demonstrating the new cookin' trend for those adrenaline junkies: Extreme Dehydrating! LOL!

Jim's recipe was amazing with great flavour. I really think we've got a keeper with his recipe. With mine, it was a little too sharp and I could reduce the cayenne pepper and perhaps add a little more salt to balance out the flavour. Perhaps a pinch of sugar too. I'm gonna experiment some more with it.

The grapefruit wasn't so good. I think I would prefer apples and pineapple to citrus fruits. The watermelon, so I'm told, was amazing. It seems that there wasn't quite enough to make it over to my house. (Just ribbin' ya Jim!) Jim said his kids loved it too so I'm gonna have a go at it and see if I can hook my kids on a natural candy and replace some of the other things they want when their sweet tooth makes itself known. Jim didn't mention the banana chips but I've had them enough in my life to know that I'd like them too.

Well, back to the exciting world of work...

g.

0 comments: