G Algonquin Trips and Other Things: A neat article I read in Saturday paper... Algonquin canoe and portage trips

Monday, July 17, 2006

A neat article I read in Saturday paper...

about an environmentally friendly home that was built 10 years ago. Some interesting features and given that Canadian Tire stocks clean energy products now, perhaps this is more doable nowadays. It's still expensive though, I think I'd be lookin' at $35,000 CDN to add solar to my house. I'm not sure if that would cover all my energy needs or whether I'd still have to buy energy... I suppose it also depends on how much I modify the way we live - it's a constant battle to get the kids to turn off the lights when they leave a room, not put the lights on when they can just open the curtains and not walk away from the TV leavin' it on. When I was a kid in school, there was a HUGE campaign at school about energy conservation and that seems to have all but disappeared. I know that we're responsible to teach our kids but it helps when they reinforce the message at school.

Anyway, that's all for now... if I have more time later I'll add more but it's lookin' like a very busy afternoon. Oh, and by the way.... 17 days 1 hour and 49 minutes !!!!!

g.

0 comments: