G Algonquin Trips and Other Things: It's not so much the temperature... Algonquin canoe and portage trips

Friday, January 26, 2007

It's not so much the temperature...

as it is the lack of appropriate attire for the temps. As I was readin' Geoff's post about the fact that he is still riding his bike into work, it got me thinking that my problem is that I'm not dressing for the weather. I insist on wearing things don't provide enough insulation and/or refuse to dress in enough layers for the temps. Gotta change that or stop bitchin' to the seats in my car that it's too damn cold. (I commute alone so there's no one around me when the car is so freakin' cold the seat cushions are actually hard) I can't commute on a bike like Geoff 'cause my commute is about 85km one way.

Details about yesterday... hmm... Alison "accused" me of being very brief in my e-mails... I dunno, I like to think I'm good at gettin' to the point and being very efficient with my writing... no? Screw you then! Kidding people. Alison and I had some good laughs and we both seemed to enjoy catching up. I'm not really good at regurgitating conversations... kinda like when I was as a kid tryin' to tell someone about a movie I watched - always had problems doin' that. What I can tell you is we're gonna meet up again and perhaps pull in one or two other people that we went to school with. We'll see.

Last night I went grocery shopping on the way home and picked up some nice lamb chops. Now I know that there are a lot of people out there that don't eat meat but I'm not gonna apologise for the fact that I do. In fact, lamb is my fave meat but I don't have it often so it's like a treat for me. One time, when we were first married, Marie surprised me with a nice dinner when I got home from work. She had made lamb chops and a home made plum chutney which was AWESOME! She said that she'll dig out the recipe and do it again sometime soon.

...

This post has been sittin' here all day and I keep comin' back to add to it and now I'm outta time so I'll end here.

One last thing... my niece isn't doin' well today (she had her marrow transplant today and there have been complications) so please pray for her as she struggles.

g.

2 comments:

twugster said...

I've got a special meditation/manifestation for little ones that I will keep in mind for your neice. It amazing how strong children are - it amazes me everytime I hear someone's story. I too spent intermittent time in Sick Kids Emergency room over the last 3 years for my eldest child. He started suffereing from asthma due to colds begining at 3 months old! Try giving a puffer with chamber to an infant, not pretty; But nothing compared to a surgery. My heart goes out to your sister and neice I'll be thinking of them until I hear everything is ok :) Hope your weekend is not too stressful.

gewilli said...

lamb is good...

i grew up on the stuff (yes - i grew up raising sheep... let the jokes start rolling)...

nothing like lamb... good lamb. And also nothing like old tough mutton-like "Lamb"

okay - now i'm hungry... and its not even 10am...

thoughts with your niece my friend...