G Algonquin Trips and Other Things: New year, new habits to form... Algonquin canoe and portage trips

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

New year, new habits to form...

I've nver been very good at remembering people's birthdays so I was interested in a link that my sister sent to me. There's a website that sends you reminders for people's birthdays:

http://www.birthdayalarm.com

I signed up and sent out a bunch of e-mails to people asking them to respond with their birthdays so that I can acknowledge them on their special day. My most embarrassing birthday slip-up was when I went golfing with my best man on his birthday, didn't realise it and even let him pay for his game! Then I called him a few days later and said, "Hey, isn't you birthday sometime around now?" to which there was a slight pause at the other end of the phone before he responded, "um, yeah, we went golfing on my birthday... "

What a heel I am.

Anyway, many years have passed and this year I want to be the first year that I remember my friends birthdays. If I haven't had chance to send out the note to you, please e-mail me with your b-day so I can set up the reminder for myself.

Well, back to work... have a good day everyone!

g.

0 comments: