G Algonquin Trips and Other Things: Going to Florida is looking less and less likely... Algonquin canoe and portage trips

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Going to Florida is looking less and less likely...

so I figure I'd better accept that fact and if we do manage to pull something off, it'll be that much more of a surprise. Oh well... no sense in getting worked up about something I have no control over (people being sick, etc).

Speaking of being sick, I was working Saturday and as the day went on, I started to feel worse. By the time I was wrapping it up at 3:00 I wasn't sure I'd be fit to make the drive home from where I was. At least it was a little closer than my office. I did make it home but then I told Marie that I had to go lie down and that was the last she saw of me until later that night after the kids were in bed. I got up, had some water and then went right back up to bed. The next day was a lot of the same... get up for water then right back to bed. There were a couple of exceptions and I did manage to catch a little of the Daytona 500. I got the last three laps so I got to see that amazing sprint to the end by Mark Martin and Kevin Harvick. Great ending, I just would've like to see Mark Martin win after so many attempts in his long distinguished career driving NASCAR. Anyway, back to me (LOL!), I'm still not 100% but due to some of the issues that came up on the weekend, I had to be in yesterday and then today I have a session that I have to attend so again, no staying home trying to kick the last lingering bit of crappy sickness... oh well, the people around me can thank me later for bringing the virus to them. I've never understood the pressure that employers put on people to show up when they're sick... it only ends up costing them more in productivity (the sick people not working at 100% and them making other sick and then not working 100% either). Stoopid eh?

I also think that we should re-visit the work week and shorten it to 4 days... it would help create jobs and reduce the stress, increase the happiness of staff, and be really awesome for me! I'll sign up for being off Saturday, Sunday and Monday thanks.

Speaking of work... yes, I'm doing this at work again but what else am I supposed to do? Alison didn't sign in to chat and Jim's on his day off so I had to do something to distract myself from the crap that's on my desk! LOL!

Have a great day everyone!

g.

P.S. go over and have a read of Jill's recount of her Sustina 100... it's a good read.

3 comments:

gewilli said...

i caught the last bit of the race driving around Providence downtown looking for a flipping parking spot...

between avoiding getting into accidents and fruitlessly driving around in circles looking for some damn place to park that wasn't gonna cost me $15 (US) to park for an hour or two to pick up the team clothes... i kinda was distracted to the point where i DID hear that Mark just barely lost.

Damn woulda REALLY liked to see him win, i'm wit ya there man...

and about the being sick at work...

well...

we can't have ya missing any more mondays!

Jim said...

When family get ill nothing else should matter, but it is shame that it has changed your vacation plans. I know how much you look forward to going and I wish I could do something to help...

I hope you are at least feeling better dude!

Suds said...

thanks buddy!

I know, family comes first and that's how I'm thinkin' of it. I'm disappointed but I wouldn't put a vacation before sick family members. I was just puttin' it out there to work through it... I really look forward to the adventure with the boys... ya know how it is, everything is so BIG to them and you can make the simplest of events seem amazing when you're on a road trip.

g.