G Algonquin Trips and Other Things: Neat map of Algonquin Park Algonquin canoe and portage trips

Friday, February 02, 2007

Neat map of Algonquin Park

Here's a neat survey map from 1893 -->


It's neat to compare the original map to a more modern one to see the changes (location of features, lake names, etc.)
Here's the newer map from 1997 in pdf format with lots of details.

I've been reading a blog by Jill from Alaska. Yes, she's another cyclist that I've found through GeWilli. You should take a look at her blog... she writes very well (she is a journalist after all) and I found her post from yesterday to be very inspiring. She also has some fantastic photos that she takes when she's out riding. I like that a lot of her pics feature her bike standing alone like this... cool.

Well, it's Friday and I have to say I'm really glad about that... it's been a crappy week at work and I really want to get the basement finished off and move onto the next "thing". There were some issues this week that caused us to have to move the drywall guy to Monday but that's it, I'm not delaying it any longer. With the latest delay taken into account, the basement should be ready for flooring by about the 14th. We're trying to decide what kind of floor we'll put down. I originally wanted carpet but the idea of a nice, high quality laminate in a cherry wood style would look really nice I think. Hmmm, decisions, decisions.

Okay, I gotta get back to work so I can jet outta here at 3:00 today and beat the traffic home.

Have a great day and a fantastic weekend everyone!

g.

0 comments: