G Algonquin Trips and Other Things: What a nice drive in... Algonquin canoe and portage trips

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

What a nice drive in...

we got our first real snowfall here in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) and I have to say, it was kind of a nice drive in. It was very tough but I left extra early because of the weather and it was a fairly traffic-free drive in. Don't get me wrong, there were some really stooopid people out there... like the woman walking on the road because the snow was too deep on the sidewalk (I guess she'd rather challenge a 3000+ pound car or even better - a city bus), or the snowclearing service at that apartment building that decided it was best to blow the snow off the driveway and sidewalk onto the road create a really fun 2 foot deep ramp for us to try and launch our cars off, or the guy who was sittin in the curb lane after pulling his car forward out of the curb parking spot and sitting with his door open into the second lane while he... well I'm not sure what he was doing but obviously he thought we should all swerve around him and his car while he performed whatever important task he was doing... oh, I could go on but you get the picture.

I'm not sure why I feel good about the drive in... perhaps because I triumphed over the elements and made it into the office (first one on my floor here at the office) or maybe because of the whole "black Monday" event... I'm curious to see who else on my team makes it in. :)


Speaking of the office... no, I haven't been priviledged to see my window buddy doing yoga again... I hadmy camera here so I took a delayed exposure shot of Jarvis Street out my office window. Take a look and let me know what you think.

Well, I've got a work project that I'm running on Saturday and I have a lot of little things that I need to get taken care of so that it goes off without a hitch so I'm gonna leave off here and hope that everyone has a great day. By the way, no comment from me about yesterday's post... I was having a moment, or should I say a bunch of moments that weren't so pleasant...


g.

1 comments:

twugster said...

Oooooooh! I absolutly love this picture, it looks all billowy and soft, just like the snow has been. Love the powder! :) I'm enjoying this snowfall - I'm a winter girl myself and glad we've FINALLY had some real winter weather 'round these parts! heee heee

Happy Friendship and Caring day!