G Algonquin Trips and Other Things: Another gem from Lifehacker.com... Algonquin canoe and portage trips

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Another gem from Lifehacker.com...

Check this out...



This is a bootable CD that will turn almost any computer into a media centre. It's temporary too... all you have to do is remove the CD and reboot to get back to the O/S on your HDD. I have an old laptop that I wanted to use as a video player when we go on long road trips (like down to Florida)... the problem was getting the software to play DVDs... I mean, i could get it but not for free. I had tried a few but they were kinda buggy and would hang when playin' the DVD so I'm gonna try this one. It's not a top priority since we don't have any road trips planned right now but once I do try it out, I'll let you know how it worked out.

g.

0 comments: