G Algonquin Trips and Other Things: We made it back alive! Algonquin canoe and portage trips

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

We made it back alive!


So it was a GREAT trip to Algonquin. The trip included highlights such as fresh bear tracks, fresh bear poop, close encounters with meese (okay, I know, moose is also the plural but it's not nearly as funny), line ups at portages, amazing weather and fantastic sleeps in my hammock lookin' up at the starry sky.

I've got a lot to write up but I want to get it all together before I publish it. We ended up doing the loop in 3.5 days instead of 4.5 days so, as you might imagine, I was feelin' pretty, um... tired at the end of our travel days. Here's a shot of me lyin' in my hammock on our last night in the park. I think I was conscious for all of 5 minutes after I clicked this pic. I slept like a log. :)

More to come later...

Have a great day everyone!

g.

2 comments:

gewilli said...

probably too late if ya reading this...

but clicking on that picture presents a GIANT image of Suds head!

YIKES...

and WELCOME BACK!

Suds said...

(Scottish accent)
"Louk at the size o' tha' head! It's like an orange on a touthpek!"
(/Scottish accent)

Big head issue has been fixed... sorry to all those who clicked the picture! lol!

g.