G Algonquin Trips and Other Things: Haven't really got far with the triplog... Algonquin canoe and portage trips

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Haven't really got far with the triplog...

so I thought I'd post a few pics for you to see.

This is me on our second last portage of our last day. I had done a pretty stooopid thing and packed my hat deep in my backpack (actually, I had left in there the previous night and inadvertently packed everything on top of it the next morning) so I used my bandanna to cover my chrome-dome... it turned out to be pretty good since it allowed more airflow than the Tilley.

Here's Jim on the last portage too. We're lookin' so much more refreshed than last year. It's amazing how much influence the psychological aspect of physical activity plays in the overall experience. We knew what to expect (having never done serious portaging before last year) and it really helped set our expectations. We also adjusted our pace and the load we took which always helps with the physical aspect of the trip.



We saw lots of moose on this trip. This moose wasn't bothered by us in the least, she kept numchin' on the lily pads... we ended up drifting real close to her, about 25to 30 feet at the most I'd say. It was at that point that I thought about how strong moose are and that she may decide she didn't like us floating and would rather see us swimming... I started to paddle away from her at that point. :)


The lake we stayed on was nice and quiet... here's a pic of the sunset... it was taken on the second night we were there. The first night is missing from my pics for a very specific reason that I will talk about when I do my trip log. In the meantime, enjoy the sunset...

1 comments:

Suki said...

just for you...

a pics only post on teh suki blog.

enjoy!