G Algonquin Trips and Other Things: Naturopath update and other thoughts... Algonquin canoe and portage trips

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Naturopath update and other thoughts...

Naturopath
So my appointment with the Naturopath went well. She seems knowledgable and we "clicked". She had done some research into my thyroid condition (although she seemed to know a bunch already when I talked to her on the phone to set up the appointment). She liked the minerals that I had started taking but adjusted the dosage and the times that I take some of them. She also added B6 and Cortex to the regimen. Once I've finished the products that I had bought she will simplify the program so I'm not taking a bunch of capsules everyday. Her approach is to get the adrenals in check and then focus specifically on the thyroid. It was a very good appointment and I say that because I'm the type of person who wants to understand things which is what makes my whole thyroid issues a bit of an anomaly in that I blindly accepted what the doctor told me 17 years ago. Anyway, I'm on track now and firmly believe I've got a sound and reasonable action plan with my naturopath.

Facebook
I've connected with a small group of people I went to highschool with through facebook. It's really neat to see where people are at now. I mean, the last time I talked with some of these people, we were literally in highschool saying goodbye and now we've got these separate lives with spouses and kids and all... wow, it really is a mind shift. I'm not looking to connect back with everyone (some people do change as I have learned all too personally recently) but there are a handful of people that I'm really glad to be able to talk with again.

Algonquin... The Common Link
It's amazing how many people here on Ontario have a realy love for Algonquin. I mean, I've always known how great it is but I didn't realize that I shared that love with so many people. Jim has been very active posting on "Algonquin" sites and he's discovered this fact for himself but for me it was really driven home with the comments I received from people who've viewed my algonquin photos in the ablum I posted up on facebook. One day I'd love to do a big trek through Algonquin with a larger group... the dymanics would be different than what I've done over the years but I think it could be really cool. Hmmm... I think I may have to organize something.

The Basement
We've got almost all the work finished in the basement and it looks awesome. I have yet to place an order for the shower stall and the carpet but that will happen over the next few weeks... it's a matter of getting Marie and the kids packed up to go to the store and pick a product. I'm thinking of building a custom shower in the bathroom instead of getting a shower stall unit. It all depends on how hard it would be to build the shower pan (and get it right) as well as the cost for any glass for the enclosure. I'm thinkin' it out for now but in the meantime it's not like we need the bathroom functional.

Easter
This weekend is Easter and we're have the baptism for G* with all the family (both sides) come back to the house for lunch. That should be interesting... in the past we've always tried to keep the two families separate by holding functions on different days but this time we're obviously only doing this on one day. It will prolly unfold as usual, each family will "stake out" their spot in the house and the two will limit the mixing... I guess I can't expect too much, afterall, it was Marie and I that chose each other not the families choosing each other. C'est la vie I guess. At least they don't fight... hee hee.

Well, I'm off tomorrow and I'm toying with the idea of leavin' early today so I prolly won't post again so... Happy Easter everyone and have a great weekend!

g.

5 comments:

Jim said...

As long as I am invited on the group trip, it sounds good to me!

If I am not invited...I'll drill holes in you canoe.

I look forward to your response :)

Suds said...

ummm, I forgot you knew about this blog... damn... ah, yeah, you're invited (I guess). LMAO!

Jim said...

Who are we inviting? I say no more the 8 people, so that's you, me, and 6 hot chicks?

Better make it 7.

Eileen O'Connell said...

Well, I'll do all the mixing I can on Sunday...Is it only family coming? If so that might not be enough to keep the fights from happening! LOL! J/K! Anyway, I'll see you all on Sunday...looking forward to it! And don't forget when you're organizing the trip...invite that husband of mine...you did promise him for the next time! I can't even post what comments I might have about the naturopath thing...I'll ttyl about all that!

Suds said...

I'd be interested to hear what you have to say about the naturopath.