G Algonquin Trips and Other Things: Strep throat, Bronchitis, a Bad Cold and a Face-plant... Algonquin canoe and portage trips

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Strep throat, Bronchitis, a Bad Cold and a Face-plant...

So we have three sick kids now but the bright side is we should get all the sickness over with all at once.

Yesterday P* was doing one of his dare-devil/stunt guy things... he put a toboggan on his skate board and ran, jumped onto it belly first and rode it down the driveway like a luge. This seemed like a really cool thing to him at first but when he got things ready to ride it back up the driveway the toboggan shifted forward on the skateboard and he slid off and did a face-plant... ouch. He got away with only scrapes... it could have been so much worse with broken teeth or something. Thank God he only has minor injuries. Life in my home is *never* boring.

As usual, I started this post and haven't been able to come back. I've got a deadline for particular work item that I'm trying to meet so I should be responsible and get back to work.

Have a great day everyone... and keep any luging to a minimum eh!

g.

5 comments:

gewilli said...

there is a reason that stuff is done on snow!

Suds said...

what can I say? He takes after his mother? LOL!

Jim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jim said...

When I was 7 I was dared to go down this steep hill while standing on the banana seat of my bike. I was all to eager to accept. It went well at first, but even thought I was holding on to the handle bars, I lost control and was shot forward like Superman and skidded to a stop using my face.

We were to have our first family pictures taken the next day. When I got home my Mom starting screaming "oh my god, you face...how will we get the pictures done now?". LMAO!

Suds said...

Hee hee... good story. That kinda explains a few things though... ;)