G Algonquin Trips and Other Things: Three out of Four... Algonquin canoe and portage trips

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Three out of Four...

Well, in any other situation I'd be happy with 3 out of 4 but in this case it's 3 out of 4 kids are sick. I know, I know, I signed up for this when I let Marie get me drunk and take advantage of me...LOL! (kiddin' of course... I don't need to be drunk)

Anyway, the youngest boy seems to be doin' okay, just has the barking cough, the middle boy has the barking cough and was running a slight fever last night. At about 01:00 I was up feeding the baby (who is sicky #3) when he came down and said he was dizzy and felt like he had a fever. I couldn't find the thermometer but he was definitely warm to the touch. I woke Marie to see if she knew where the thermometer was but she thought it was in the place I had already looked so she came down and dispensed some tylenol and then she and the boy went back to bed while I finished feeding the baby. I couldn't get back to sleep right away and it must have been about 04:00 by the time I nodded off... just in time for the alarm to go off at 05:15. Needless to say, I hit the snooze a few times.

The drive in to work was uneventful and surprisingly quick for this hour. I was a little over an hour and it normally takes an hour and a half if I leave as late as I did today. Thank goodness 'cause I don't think I could stand staying here until 6:00 tonight.

Not too much else going on right now... we're trying to find a deal on carpet for the basement... I've reconnected with a few more people from my past through (you guessed it) facebook. Well, I've got a fairly usual Tuesday lined up with meetings and such. I'll have to get hold of Jim to see how things are going... according to his last post, the training is going well. He's going to connect with a friend of my sister's (from grade school) to talk training talk since she completed her first Ironman last year. I imagine she has a lot she can share with Jim when it comes to training.

Oh yeah, my car has been running great since the I changed the fuel filter so I have to surmise that it was the culprit.

Well, that's all for now. Have a great day everyone!

g.

0 comments: