G Algonquin Trips and Other Things: She's here! Algonquin canoe and portage trips

Thursday, December 14, 2006

She's here!


Well, after a long wait, Marie gave birth to our baby daughter on Wednesday around noon!

I can't find the words that convey how I feel... I keep saying "I've got a baby daughter!" 'cause I can't believe it. The boys are happy and D* is warming up the our new little bundle. He'll take a little longer 'cause he's no longer the "baby".

Marie and Baby G are doing well and will be home tomorrow. Despite all the issues with Marie, everything is fine and she doesn't have any worries related to her condition and the birth. We'll know more about her "brain thang" in February but until then... we're gonna enjoy our new baby and get used to the idea that our family now numbers six.

Thanks to everyone for their prayers and support. All the anxiety I experienced throughout the pregnancy was all worth it now I have a beautiful daughter.

I guess I'd better go update my profile from this:

Ordinary guy with 3 awesome boys (4th kid the way), a beautiful, loving wife and a small circle of friends.
to this:
Ordinary guy with 4 awesome kids, a beautiful, loving wife and a small circle of friends.

Have a great day everyone!

g.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have both been through so much this year, it is so wonderful that 2006 can end on such a happy time!

She is beautiful and lucky to have two such great parents.

Congratulations guys!

Anonymous said...

You have both been through so much this year, it is so wonderful that 2006 can end on such a happy time!

She is beautiful and lucky to have two such great parents.

Congratulations guys!

Anonymous said...

You have been through so much this year, it is wonderful that 2006 can end on such a happy note.

She is beautiful and lucky to have such great parents.

Congratulations to you both!