G Algonquin Trips and Other Things: Things are going well... Algonquin canoe and portage trips

Monday, December 18, 2006

Things are going well...

and it's back to work today so I need to get my mind in gear and produce some results. It's been a bit of a write off this month so far with the anticipation of Gracie's birth. Now she's here, I'm thinkin' to myself, "wadda ya mean it's Christmas this weekend! When did that happen?"

Damn.

I gotta get out and get the last minute stocking stuffers. I also need to make a visit to Canadian Tire to return a string of lights that had a broken LED casing (and I didn't need it). I also need to get them to check the car battery. I had to boost the car this morning for the third time. When the car sits for 3 or more days, the battery goes flat. As long as I'm driving it everyday, the charging system keeps it topped up. It's still got a little warranty left on it so I should get a couple o' bucks off the next one. I was thinking of getting one of those Optima batteries this time and I don't believe CT sells them. Oh well, we'll see. I also got a great little Christmas tree gadget... it's an ornament that is attached to a control module that you plug the lights into. It's touch sensetive and allows you to dim the lights or turn them off by touching the ornament. Easier than climbing behind the tree and knockin' stuff off.

Anyway, a few quick mentions and then I gotta get caught up on work:

  • congrats to Geoff for reaching his goal of racing in the cyclocross nationals
  • Jim (aka Mr. Moneybags), thanks for getting the (free) calendar for me :)
  • Jim, I agree, let's get the water filter and let's do a pro/con list for the stove thing and I'm not so sure I want to be the first to be able to do a write up on 6km of low maintenance trails ;)
Have a great day everyone!

g.

0 comments: