G Algonquin Trips and Other Things: Today is the first day... Algonquin canoe and portage trips

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Today is the first day...

that I'm struggling to stay awake since the baby was born. Marie had a headache all day yesterday and through the night so stayed up late last night to help with the baby and then stayed back this morning to help with the baby and gettin' the other kids ready for school. It was nice to spend time with the boys this morning but it means I was late gettin' into work. I don't feel up to stayin' here late but I think I may do some work tonight from home to make up for it.

I went out to Dollarama to get stocking stuffers for the kids and I hafta say that it amazed me how many little things you can get there. I mean, no realy high quality toys but candy, art supplies and that kinda thing are there and I walked out with a lot of schtuff for $20. I can't wait for the kids to open their stuff on Christmas morning.

My parents are coming down for the day on Christmas Eve. It'll be a lunch kinda thing. I'm not sure what we're having but I got thinkin' that I should really buy a turkey tonight if there's any hope of having clod turkey sandwiches this year. mmmm... turkey.

This is my last little hoorah before I get back on the healthy eatin' wagon again. I fell off and put a some pounds back on over the past few months. It all boils down to the amount going in versus the amount being burned... I'm runnin' a significant surplus, that's for sure. I've learned that I still don't handle stress in a good way in so far as I turn to food too easily, too often. The other problem is fatigue... I reach for food (and always that bad stuff) when I've got low energy. Yesterday and today are good examples of that.


Well, enough of this... I gotta get some work done since I've been in a meeting all morning.

Have a good day!

g.

0 comments: